Saturday, September 11, 2010

Doggleganger

You have heard of a Doppleganger?  Did you know there was such thing as a Doggleganger?


I sh*t you not.  It is true. 

Definition of DOGGELGÄNGER
1: a living counterpart of a beloved dog who crossed the bridge.  
2a : double 2a b : alter ego b c : a dog who has the same appearance as another 
See the following Example:  
Our Beloved Katie who crossed the bridge in November 2008. 
Dianne Deal's beloved Peg (Brynn behind).  Note the same white leg, same tri colored leg.  Same coloring on the face, same ear set, close to the same white snip on the face, same smile, same happy expression. 


Katie


Peg


Katie


Peg


Katie


Peg


When  Peg would sit at my feet and stare up at me while I petted her -  it was like looking down into Katie's sweet face.  A bittersweet comfort for a heart that misses her to this day.  

If Peg ever turns up missing.  Don't look at my house.  *wink*

2 comments:

Ellie said...

I love Peg. She's such a sweet girl... of course, how could I not love Moss's mama?

D.K. Wall said...

Maybe it is simply Katie's way of letting you know everything is ok.