Friday, March 20, 2009

Meet Daisy Mae & Abby/Beth Update

Introducing Daisy Mae.



Daisy Mae is a six month old 1/2 Border Collie and 1/2 Australian Shepherd pup



Daisy Mae came to us from Joan at the Idaho Domestic Animal Welfare Group (IDAWG). THANK YOU JOAN!

Joan sends countless Border Collies from Idaho to the West Coast of Washington State, where they have much higher odds of being adopted than they would in Idaho. Joan is why we have Beth & Ranger. She also sent us Tyler (the puppy we fostered in January).



Joan found Daisy Mae on Craig's List. The family that had Daisy decided she wasn't aggressive enough for them since she wouldn't bark at strangers. So they posted her on Craig's List (for sale) because they bought a pit-bull puppy. I pity the poor pit-bull puppy. Perhaps they need the pit-bull to guard their meth lab?

BEEP - We interrupt your regularly scheduled programming to bring you a momentary RANT

I have nothing against pit-bulls as a breed - just the idiots who want them to proliferate the aggressive reputation of the breed - it just chaps my hide when someone wants an aggressive dog - because pit-bulls are not aggressive - people like that make them that way! *bangsheadondesk*

We now return you to the normally scheduled programming.

Daisy has a cute little natural cropped tail, which wiggles her entire butt. She looks just like an adorable little teddy bear from behind, with all the curls and stubby tail.



She has the softest curliest coat I have seen in a long time. I love to run my fingers through her fur.



Daisy is affectionate and loving. She gives hugs and thinks she is a lap dog.



I giggled when I saw this picture, notice Bonnie's disembodied head below Daisy.



She is quite vocal and loves to express her pleasure with series of yips and barks. She makes me giggle.



Her recall is excellent, she is another Velcro dog and prefers to be right with you. Daisy is also VERY turned on to sheep. We haven't had the opportunity to fully test her on sheep yet - I cannot wait until we do.



Daisy has fit right into our existing pack quite nicely. Beth has even been sighted laying on the same dog bed as Daisy. Amazing huh?

Abby Update: Abby is being delivered to her new home in Pullman, WA today. She will be living with one other dog. A very submissive female Border Collie who does not have any interest or desire to play with toys. Abby will not have any one to challenge her OCD & toy obsession. Her new mom is an experienced Border Collie handler and takes the dogs to work with her every day. She trains cutting horses and Abby will get regular runs along side the horses every day. She will be to tired to be an obsessive neurotic dingbat. It is the perfect home for her!

Beth Update: Beth's wounds are healing nicely & the vet gave us the green light to participate in the Scott Glen clinic this weekend. Her activity is not restricted, which is a good thing because I have been looking forward to this clinic since December! WOOHOO! It is going to be a great weekend!

8 comments:

Raising Addie said...

Oh my Daisy is sooo very sweet! I just LOVE her curly fur too!

I'm so happy that Beth is doing good!

Good luck this weekend!

Lots of Luv & Kisses
Addie and Lucie

Unknown said...

I'll see you tomorrow at the Scott clinic

Darci said...

So glad to hear that Beth is mending and will be able to attend the clinic. That will be fun for both of you. Daisy Mae is a beaut! Her eyes look like that of an older and wiser dog. Glad to hear she has made herself at home so quickly and easliy. Love the curly hair and stumpy no tail!

Versailles Rose said...

I'm very glad that Beth's healing nicely. With bites it just seems to either heal up well or go down hill.

The new foster furkid is darling. She looks like my Pepper before her face went white. =) =)

Laura said...

Glad to hear Beth is doing so well.
And, er, inquiring (and impatient) minds want to know how the Scott clinic went...

Lacey said...

oh yes that's an Aussie butt if I ever saw one...so cute.

Emma Rose said...

Hello Daisy Mae,

I'm a Bossie too! (BC/Aussie)
We rock! So glad to have found you. I think we can be great friends.

Emma

PoochesForPeace said...

Your rant about stupid people with pit bulls has made my day :) I've been trying to tell everyone the same thing! To see some loved pit bulls (and border collies!), look on my blog! www.poochesforpeace.blogspot.com