Sunday, July 4, 2010

Afternoon at the Beach - Key Peninsula

Last weekend we dragged Ranger and Bonnie along to the Ewesful Acres trial on Key Peninsula where Beth and Brynn ran.  Poor Ranger doesn't get the whole sheep herding thing and acts like a jerk around all the other dogs - so he is cooped up much of the time.  Bonnie is a very useful farm dog, but more than likely will never trial - so she spends the day on the leash.  It is frustrating for her to watch the sheep and not being able to work them. 

To reward Ranger and Bonnie we stopped at Joemma Beach State Park to play some ball before stuffing him back into the crate for the 1.5 hour drive home.

He was so happy.  

"Are you gonna throw that ball for me? Huh?  Huh?  Huh?"



"I am at the beach, can't stand it, need to run around like a freak!"


"I'm at the beach, LOOK!  WATER!"


"WATER!  WATER! YUCK!  SALT WATER...WHO CARES!  It is WATER!"


"OhMydoG! Do you have a BALL!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?"


"Gotta shake...wait, do you have a ball?"


"Dad has a BALL!  BALL BALL BALL BALL BALL!"


"OMdoG!  BALL....BALL!"

"I see a ball in Dad's hand....I AM SO HAPPY!"


Ranger watch where you are going!  If you run into Camera Face she is NOT going to be happy! 

"Huh? What? He has a BALL a BALL a BALL a BALL!"


"BALL!"

INCOMING!  

Thump....thwack....Crash Bang Boom.  Camera face is on the ground. 


"DAMMIT RANGER!"

***** Insert  Multiple Bad Words Here*****
"Dad you got a ball for me now please?"


"OHMYDOGBALLBALLBALLBALLBALLBALLBALLBALLBALL!"


"BALL BALL BALL BALL BALL BALL BALL!"


Throw the ball throw the ball throw the ball throw the ball!


"I got it!"


"I said I got it!"


"REALLY, I GOT IT!"


I don't know Ranger....looks like Beth the Ball Thug is gaining on you. 

Uhhhhohhhh Beth is gonna get your ball! 


Poor Ranger...he is always losing his balls.  Story of his life. 


Bonnie Monster = Bonster. Beth pays the price for her thievery.  


How did Beth lose Bonnie?  


Uh oh...Beth you are going to regret dropping that ball!


HA HA!  Brynn snatched it!  


Bonster won't be thwarted.  


"Oh Hey!  Hi Dad, we brought you the ball!"


Ranger wants to know what you took you so long!


"Are you gonna throw that ball?"

6 comments:

Ruth said...

That is so adorable! Go Ranger Go Bonnie Go Brynn Go Beth! Fun at the beach! Brilliant story! Woo!

Lacey said...

wow...they are wonderful...great commentary, too. good job. good girl. So GOOD.

Ryker said...

I love my balls too, and sticks, and fris things, and balls, and balls, and balls. Gee, I think I could fit right in, huh? huh?
Your friend,
Ryker

julie said...

Ranger looks so adorably intense, you gotta love that face.
Awesome pics!

D.K. Wall said...

Ranger - trying being a little less subtle. Grins.

Life With Dogs said...

I love these pic heavy posts. Any chance you might e-mail me the camera setting you used for these shots? They are perfect.