Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Monkey on My Back

Woooaaaaah is me ... but I've been dyin'
Got to get that monkey off my back



The fortune teller looked into my eyeballs
The wrinkles on her face about to crack



She said "You best believe it,
You ain't going nowhere, unless you get that
Monkey off your back"



I made believe the devil made me do it
I was the evil leader of the pack



You best believe I had it all and then I blew it
Feedin' that *flippin* monkey on my back



Got to get that monkey off my back

Uh, Uh, Uh

Ranger get that monkey off your back!




Now you too can have this song stuck in your head...like it or not.



This is what happens when you have a house full of teenagers for the summer. My ears are bleedin' I hate MTV, VH1 and now the local library that allows them to check out CD's for free.

Can teenagers be considered monkeys on MY back?

Every woman considering childbirth should have to endure a group of teenagers for a summer - there would be zero population growth. Perhaps even negative population growth when people smarten up and strangle them before they reach the age of 13. What was I thinking? Why didn't I read the birth control directions more closely?

Note to doG: Please make this summer pass FASTER!

11 comments:

Emma Rose said...

You have our greatest sympathy!

Emma Rose and The Duchess :)

Kimberly said...

BAHAHHA... OH BOY... GREAT PICTURES... FUNNY STORIES... HOW DID THAT MONKEY GET THERE... WAS IT YOUR 2LEGGER BROTHER OR SISTER? PEE IN THEIR SHOES BOL..

BELL GIRL

Rocky Creek Scotties and Rocky Creek Ramblings said...

Thank you for entering our "Stick out your tongue" contest. We are still working on meeting all of the contestants. We hope to choose a winner by the weekend and get all of the photos posted.

XOXO
Lilly, Piper, Carrleigh and Java

PoochesForPeace said...

Hehehe. Ranger's eyes are so expressive, it makes the pictures so fun to look at!

Gennasus said...

I survived it, I'm sure you will too. Admittedly, you do have more of them to contend with! Just grit your teeth, go with the flow and try not to notice all the extra grey hairs it's causing!

Good old Ranger. There's not many collies I know that would be happy to sit with a bright yellow monkey on their back.

Lauren said...

Ha! That is a hoot - I'm a high school teacher and want the summer to move a little slower.. keep those kids driving their parents crazy a little bit longer! Good luck!

bugeyedbug said...

Jobs! They need jobs! Paper routes, yard work, dog walking business, pooper scooper...the list is endless. At the very least they will be outside 'trying' to look busy and out of your inner domain

An English Shepherd said...

Kids are a real pain at times, the boss says ;-)

Wizz :-)

moxylyn said...

So sorry! My oldest did this all the time.. luckily we had a converted garage and they all stayed out there so I didn't go insane!

Nibbles Treats said...

Hahahaha! I'm not laughing at you, unfortunately, I am laughing with you. Got a house full of them too and they seem to multiply. Since when did my house become the dumping zone for every bored teenager in our hood? One more month! The end is near!

Unknown said...

OOO dear how many weaks to go.
bye bye,Lean