Monday, November 24, 2008

A New Direction

We are home safe and sound from our trip to Texas. The Austin area is very pretty, but I do prefer the gorgeous green here in Western WA. It is good to be home!

I did find something very strange - I didn't see a sheep the entire time we were in Texas. Cattle, yes. Roaches the size of my fist, yes. Horses, yes. Sheep? Nope...not a one.

All the time on the plane and driving gave me some time to contemplate and pray about the direction I am taking in my life. I have been blessed with an amazing husband. A good job, a lovely home and my health. I want to give something back and make a difference. How can I do that? One way is to use the talents God gave me and follow my passion...Dogs.

Given that Katie came from a shelter the day before she was due to be euthanized and we have three other amazing dogs we got from rescue - I have volunteered to help foster border collies for Seattle Purebred Dog Rescue.

We are meeting Bob this evening to pick up our first foster! This is Oliver. Oliver is coming from Eugene Oregon where he spent some time in foster care already. He was adopted, then returned to rescue. I cant wait to meet him!


I am so excited! I will post pictures tomorrow after we have a chance to get settled.

No comments: