Saturday, September 5, 2009

Perspective

I tossed and turned most of the night.

However, I have gained some much needed perspective

A dear friend told me something a while ago

It is, what it is

That is so true.

My kids are my kids. Even if I occasionally fantasize about selling them into slavery... I would miss them. Yes they make mistakes, what kid doesn't? They are individually unique, wonderful and completely loved. I am proud of them and know in my heart they have good intentions and someday will be responsible & productive adults.



Did I mention what they did for my birthday? While my husband forgot my birthday the kids put their heads together and asked if there were any chores they could do for extra money.

They worked all morning and most of the afternoon scooping dog poop, mowing the lawn and cleaning bathrooms. Then I paid them - figuring it was going to be spent on candy.

But they showed me something I didn't expect. They went to the store, each bought me a card, a lovely candle and a dozen red roses surprising me with it later.

I need to focus on that. The smiles, the laughter, the love, the witty mind bending sarcasm and the unexpected gaseous emission here or there.



We all need to keep looking up and eventually the sun will shine through the clouds and warm your face.

But watch out for the seagulls - they occasionally drop a mighty reminder that brings you back to reality.

It is what it is...

I am blessed and thankful for each of them. Even my memory challenged husband. I decided I am going to keep him for now.

6 comments:

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

That is VERY sweet what your kids did for your birthday, sounds like they are some great keepers!!! Happy belated birthday!

D.K. Wall said...

Ok, kids will be kids, but sounds like they did pretty well for your birthday. And the pictures certainly show a pretty good group.

Besides, as good as the dogs are, they sure can drive me batty certain days!

Unknown said...

O you see that´s great of them....cleaning up stuff what more did a mom needs and the lovely gifts....i did forget also to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY....i am sory so again out loud HAPPY BIRTHDAY .Its better to be late than never.
bye bye,Lean&Misty

Emma Rose said...

Happy Birthday my friend! You have a lovely family and we are envious. Remember that someday the "gain will be worth the pain". You will end up with 5 great kids and 5 good freinds! (ok, so that's a ways off, but
"someday" will come!)

Emma Rose and The Duchess

Laura Carson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Laura Carson said...

Hah, I posted the wrong post. I wanted to say, Happy belated birthday!!! I think the wrath of Woman should befall any man who forgets his wife's birthday. For very long time.