Friday, December 30, 2011

Terrible Plunger

I was cruising through my phone and forgot I shot this video while staying at Jaenne's in Idaho.

One morning we were getting ready to leave, while I was brushing my teeth, Bea & Brynn were exploring the bathroom.  Suddenly Brynn succumbed to terror  darted out of the bathroom, bashed into the wall, skidded into the bedroom and dove into Bea's crate. 

It took me a few minutes to figure out that she was terrified of the terrible, horrible, no good, very bad plunger that was standing next to the loo.

I could not let an opportunity like this pass me by.  Brynn needed to make friends with the plunger and I needed to test out the video capabilities on my iPhone.  





Do you suppose if I took the plunger to the post at the next trial she might actually listen to my lie down whistle? Would that be considered a 'training aid' or not?

I wonder...

4 comments:

Holly said...

OMG - Echo does the exact same thing over totally random objects. An ornament fell off our tree one night (while we were asleep) and the next morning Echo wouldn't even step foot in the living room. I tried to show it to her and she bolted under the bed and wouldn't come out. We then showed her as we put it on the tree and she wouldn't go anywhere near the tree the rest of the month! Aren't they so funny? Glad Echo isn't the only tweakazoid (as my son calls her).

BCxFour said...

LOL they are sisters, that is for sure.

Lynn said...

My Border collie did the same thing the other night over his dinner. His DINNER. Served in the same bowl he's eaten in since he was an 8-week-old puppy. The only thing different was that we used a freebie sample of a canned "grain-free chicken soup with pumpkin" as a kibble topper instead of his normal plain yogurt. Do you suppose he thought it smelled SO GOOD it couldn't possibly be for him? Because he was reacting as if it was a bucket of cockroaches all crawling toward him - exactly the same sort of body language Brynn was showing here.

Billy said...

You could carry a plunger instead of a crook! ;-)