Sunday, February 14, 2010

Ranger the Sheepdog

I have waited for so long...


All my hopes and dreams for Ranger have been realized.


They told me he would never turn on to sheep.


"They say that?"



Yes, Ranger....they did.  They said you didn't have a sheepdog bone in your body.  They say you are just a doofus in Border Collie clothing. 


They were all W.R.O.N.G.  Today, we put Ranger on sheep.


Well, actually ... he put himself on a sheep.


He became intimately acquainted with our old ram, Roger the Rocking Sheep.




He did very well.  I was proud of him.  He handled Roger with ease.


Ranger was relaxed.  He wasn't the least bit afraid of that grizzled ole ram. 


He was equally as controlled with the rest of the flock.  He is kind to his sheep and they like him.  I daresay they trust Ranger.


I was happy to see him dropping his head and showing some style.  He kept all his sheep together.  Didn't lose a single one. 


We only had one gripping incident but that ewe deserved it - he corrected her and she quit giving him gruff.


All in all I am very pleased with his progress.

Ranger just has one question...



13 comments:

Debra Kay said...

Oh Ranger, yes you are the best sheep dog there ever was, EVER. I'd take you off your Momma's hands in a minute I would.

Karen said...

Your 'poor' dogs!! The things they have to put up with to make us chuckle:) Love the way Ranger and the black ewe are holding hands.
Lovely photos as usual.

Monique said...

Too cute. Also, I love your new header panes.

Ferreh Hiatt said...

Great photos! Love the new header and page layout. Looks great!

Emma Rose said...

LOVE that last phot and caption! That would make a great greeting card - or painting :)

Have a good week!

Kisses,
Emma Rose and the Duchess

Unknown said...

Aww, he is sweet, he will always be a sheep ranger in my books!

Paws on the Run said...

Very cute and I LOVE the new header!

Amy said...

Adorable! Of course Ranger is a sheep dog now. How could he not be? I agree, the new header is lovely.

Diane said...

THAT post made my day :)
Ranger, you are the best sheepdog ever, and I would still steal you in a heartbeat. Of course, I'd leave Roper behind...
Rope is going to Fido's for the cattle clinic in April. We could make the switch then!
AWESOME post.

Unknown said...

YES RANGER you are a real sheepdog.
hugs,Misty.

An English Shepherd said...

Great post, yes you are a real Sheepdog Ranger :-)

Wizz

D.K. Wall said...

Ranger - such an expressive face. We vote you a sheepdog - and president!

BC Insanity said...

I stumbled upon your blog through one of my friend's.
I have enjoyed your photos ever since, they are just gorgeous and your dogs are stunning.
It's a pleasure to visit your blog.

Ranger looks like the best sheepdog I have seen in a long time ;-)