The call from the vet this evening brought more good news! Brynn is very active, very vocal and very very hungry! She has been eating like a starved horse & kept all of her food down so far. She still has some diarrhea & a slight fever. They are going to try and start weaning her off the IV fluids tomorrow if the food and water stay put, then see if she can hold down her oral meds. The doctor was cautiously optimistic, she said that things could continue to improve or like many parvo cases things look good then decline before they recover. She said the fever and diarrhea are a bit concerning but expected at this point. It may be too soon to expect her to come home tomorrow evening and we may be looking at a Sunday or Monday discharge.
After we spoke to the vet we went to the hospital to visit Brynn. But were unable to see her. There was an emergency surgery and the dog was open on the table. Brynn is in the isolation room right off the room where they were trying to save this dog. They were unable to open the door or let us come into the back while the surgery was in progress. We were told we could wait for approx an hour, but John and I decided to come home. I was very disappointed.
Jazzmine the other pup I transported with Brynn is also improving. She is still hospitalized but her adoptive family was able to take her for a walk today! She should be discharged tomorrow sometime if she keeps improving as well. They are so happy!
Sadly the adopters for the remaining pups have backed out. The remaining three have never tested positive and are improving much each day. They did not need to be hospitalized. They are on a 10 day hold before they can be adopted out. Still their adoptive families have decided to pass on them. It is so sad...
Here are links to the three remaining puppies.
The other Brynn (yes, I stole this name)
I have the Karen Child clinic this weekend with Beth...it is going to be great to get out there and spend some time doing what we both love. I am worried my mind will be preoccupied with Brynn. I cant wait until I get to hold her and play with her again!
Gosh it has been a roller coaster ride all week. *sigh*
Another Adventure with Karen and Larry
1 day ago