Friday, October 7, 2011

TMT #12






It is time for Tell me Thursday #12.  As usual, I am late. 


1. If you won the lottery (a big one... I'm talking stupid muchos cash) what would you do with the money?

Sell the house, and pay off our bills.  Buy an obscene amount of land.  Around the perimeter I would build several homes for my kids, a few ranch hands with their families, and my parents too.  In the middle would be our ranch where we would raise sheep and a small amount of cattle.  I would want a nice house that can hold everyone, with several guest rooms, not too fancy, but comfortable and easy to maintain.  Of course with a sizable dog room, heated/air conditioned kennel area & room for the dogs to be in the house. The house would be dwarfed by the gorgeous barns, loafing sheds, riding arena, stable, and all the tractors, combines, balers, and a HELICOPTER.  I have always wanted a helicopter. 

I would pay for all my kids to attend college if they wanted to go, then put money away for future grandchildren's college funds.

All our children would get a nice reliable car/truck and their bills paid off.

I would set up a fund for the local food bank so it could remain stocked at all times.

Finally I would start a foundation at the ranch for disabled veterans (physical & emotional/PTSD) and their families to stay for rest & relaxation, receive physical therapy, education assistance, counseling or just spend time together as a family while they rebuild their lives. 
 
2. After winning the lottery would you work a day job? If so, what would you do? 

My day job would be taking care of my family, dogs and livestock.

3. Do you have any auxiliary dogs? Auxiliary dogs are dogs that are not essential to your main purpose (usually tiny, but not always). If you don't have an auxiliary dog what might you choose?

Yep, Bonnie & Ranger.


4. Do you have a favorite crock pot recipe (or other recipe) you can share?


Easy Chicken Chili Stew

6 skinned boned chicken breast halves, cut into 1" pieces.
1 medium onion, chopped
1 medium green pepper, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 - 14 oz cans of stewed tomatoes, undrained and chopped
1 - 15 oz can of pinto beans, drained
2/3 cups of picante sauce
1 t chili powder
1 t ground cumin
1/2 t salt

Dump this all into the crock pot together and cook on low for 8 hours. 

Ladle into bowls and top with the following optional toppings (depending on calories you wish to add)

Shredded cheddar cheese
Sour cream
Avacado wedge
Sliced Green Onions

Yummy! 

1 comment:

Ryker said...

Wow, we want to come live on your ranch and eat your chicken chili too!