Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Little Lamb Who Made Thee?

I am joyfully anticipating lambing and the upcoming spring.  Green grass sprouting in the pastures, happy fat lambs racing to and fro.  Life beginning anew, bright sunshine and spring flowers.  The gentle warm kiss of sunshine as it lights upon on your face, the smell of leaves unfurling in the trees, the smell of grass being mowed, the snot, sneezing and headaches of hayfever.  Okay, forget that last part.  I digress...

Where was I?  Oh yes...the joy of springtime and new lambs.  One can forget just about any measure of discomfort with an lamb gazing in your eyes.  The trust bestowed as they lean into your caress.  




That sweet innocence, vulnerable, yet surprisingly resilient and strong. 




Reminds me of a favorite poem that I often repeat to myself while watching them scamper about the pasture.  This poem is what inspired the name of our farm


The Lamb, by William Blake.  



Little Lamb who made thee 
Dost thou know who made thee 
Gave thee life & bid thee feed. 
By the stream & o'er the mead;
Gave thee clothing of delight,
Softest clothing wooly bright;
Gave thee such a tender voice,
Making all the vales rejoice! 
Little Lamb who made thee 
Dost thou know who made thee 
Little Lamb I'll tell thee,
Little Lamb I'll tell thee!
He is called by thy name,
For he calls himself a Lamb: 
He is meek & he is mild, 
He became a little child: 
I a child & thou a lamb, 
We are called by his name. 
Little Lamb God bless thee. 
Little Lamb God bless thee.
~William Blake 

~Bless Ewe~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know that last lamb! Stewie!!!

Ryker said...

Most adorable post ever made thee!